- innovative technical and design solutions
- high efficiency, excellent solution for heat pumps
- convectors Licon provide heating and cooling
- also new pool design (marked with "B", e.g.PKBOC)
- low-cost operation, low power consumption, environment protection
- wide range - for each building, interior and heating type
- fast heat distribution -efficiency, ecology,energy and media saving
- solutions for interior,exterior, dry and damp to wet environments
- suitable for all energy sources (heat pumps, gas, electricity, solar suitable, wood and biomass)
Catalogues for download :
(selection from the complete catalogue) – information on new products, innovations and concise information on individual products.
Additional benefits and advantages
Faster room heating
- Due to the very low water content in Licon convectors, they warm up to the required temperature much faster than conventional types of radiators and so the desired temperature of the room is achieved much faster. Convectors are thus able to respond to temperature changes in the room much more flexibly.
- Convectors use air circulation for heating, not radiation, as in the case of conventional radiators. Circulation is created by rising heated air and its subsequent descent after it cools down. Air thus circulates within the room and the temperature differences throughout the room are minimal. The heat in the room is therefore more pleasant and natural. Another advantage of LICON convectors is their low surface temperature. Thanks to the method of the heat transmission, the front panels warm up to a max. temperature of 40°C, even at a water temperature of 90°C. As a result there is no danger of getting burnt, even on prolonged contact – suitable for schools, kindergartens, children’s rooms etc.
Lower water volume
- Low water content of convectors – heating water is only contained in the heat exchanger pipes, not in the radiator surface area as in the case of conventional radiators. To give you an idea - the OK 200/60/15 wall mounted convector contains only 2.92 litres of water and this unit can heat a room with an area of approx. 35m2. Therefore, if the entire house is fitted with LICON convectors, the heating system contains very little water (from our experience this is no more than 70 litres of water in an average-sized residential home). Such a heating system responds very fast to changes in the heating system. Heat is only supplied when it is required, so that the internal temperature remains constant. There is also no heat loss by radiation into any wall or glass pane behind the radiator.
Lower energy consumption for heating water
- Clearly, less energy is consumed to heat a lower volume of heating medium. As such, our convectors are more environmentally friendly and kinder to the user’s pocket…
- The convector’s structure is very light and the low weight is amplified by the low volume of heating medium. You will appreciate the convector’s light weight during transport, for instance, but also when it is mounted on non-brick walls and other structures (gypsum boards, wood, aluminium floor structures, etc.)
Air passage through the convector
- The transfer of heat into the room occurs in the heat exchanger, or so called register, which consists of a copper pipe onto which aluminium lamellas have been mechanically fitted. The flow of hot water through the exchanger heats up the pipe. This in turn heats up the lamellas which start heating the surrounding air and this begins to rise – an occurrence called the chimney effect or convective warm air circulation in the convector. This is the source of the term convector. When developing the new shape of the AL lamellas, we endeavoured to incorporate all newly acquired knowledge in the field into their design. The main new feature is the lamella’s unique horizontal rippled surface in the direction of air flow, which results in better transfer of heat to the room – the air is forced to be more turbulent when passing through the exchanger. The manufacturer provides a 10 year warranty on heat exchanger leaks.